Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exchange Server/Global Address List

• Please log in to reply

LaurelV

LaurelV

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I recently had some problems with spyware on my computer, which I believe have all been resolved. So, I don't know if it was that or me that created my current problem. :tazz: When I log into my Outlook 2000 I get a window that pops up and says the following:

The server containing the Global Address List is no longer available. You can reconnect to a different server by restarting outlook or retry the operation when the server is reachable.

I then click OK because restarting outlook gives me the same message and I get a window that says:

The action could not be completed.

So, I click ok and get a Microsoft Exchange Server window and don't know what to put in for the Microsoft Exchange Server.

I have tried to reinstall Outlook, I have tried detect and repair and have spent the better part of the day trying to figure this out. Any assistnace that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

L

Advertisements