Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Automatically starting an application

• Please log in to reply

mlgrier3

mlgrier3

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
How can I get a program to automatically start every time I turn my computer on?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
what program do you want to run? Depending on the program the may be an option in the program preferences..... or you can place a shortcut in the startup folder

mlgrier3

mlgrier3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
It's a simple printing program. How would I create a shortcut in the startup menu? Thank you.

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
click start/my computer.. find .exe file for the progrm you want to run...right click then copy...you want to then go to my computer/documents and settings/username (owner by default) /start menu/programs/startup........right click and select paste....

mlgrier3

mlgrier3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thank you very much.