Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Socket A HSF

• Please log in to reply

Xorgroth

Xorgroth

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Ok, I've sort of narrowed down my results for a new heatsink. Wanted a copper or copper core hsf. Currently, running a AMD 3000+ Barton Core...and the mobo doesn't have any have any mounting holes..so there went the Zalman coolers. Currently got...
Volcano 10+, 11 or 12
Sibak AC-02-625B
Spire SPA49B0

On the list but open for anyother suggestions. Hopefully, something a bit cooler than 43C idle/48C load...which I got from my stock cooler.

Xorgroth

Edited by Xorgroth, 12 September 2005 - 12:34 AM.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
volcano

Thats the thermeltake volcano I like using for socket a boards, it is a bit loud but it come with a fan controller and when used you can turn it down and it runs quiet.

my temps with a 2500 barton core at idle are 38C with it turned down all the way 2200 rpm or so

Use artic silver5 with it, it comes with paste but I never use that stuff.

Rick

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Ok, I've sort of narrowed down my results for a new heatsink. Wanted a copper or copper core hsf. Currently, running a AMD 3000+ Barton Core...and the mobo doesn't have any have any mounting holes..so there went the Zalman coolers. Currently got...
Volcano 10+, 11 or 12
Sibak AC-02-625B
Spire SPA49B0

On the list but open for anyother suggestions. Hopefully, something a bit cooler than 43C idle/48C load...which I got from my stock cooler.

Xorgroth

View Post

Thats not a bad load temp for that CPU?

Xorgroth

Xorgroth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Yeah...pretty good for a stock cooler and a Barton core...
Which Volcano where you talking about? Have a few listed there...

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835106035

That should link you to it