Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP ME PLEASE (Loss of Connection)

• Please log in to reply

Classique

Classique

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi everyone,
i was wondering if any of you could help me I had a perfect internet connection. Broadband with AOL everything was fine.

I then bought a new computer and had a wireless connection via a Netgear DG834GT 108MBPS super wireless ADSL ROUTER. Ever since i have been losing connection constantly sometimes every hour sometimes its even every few minutes. It closes AOL down and any other prgram running msn etc. Does anyone know why this is or more imporatnatly how to fix it?
Thanks in Advance

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Have you tried checking your hardware with the manufacturers ?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You need to enter the router's setup page, you have to use a cable connection to do that, and change the setting to "keep connection open". The handbook should tell you how.

Classique

Classique

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

View Post

^^i tried this and there was no X's at the time

You need to enter the router's setup page, you have to use a cable connection to do that, and change the setting to "keep connection open". The handbook should tell you how.

View Post

I couldnt find anywhere where it says this^^
Do you know where it might be?

Classique

Classique

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Can someonw suggest something