Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logitech keyboard and mouse

• Please log in to reply

Hs1mpson

Hs1mpson

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a logitech cordless mouse and keyboard combo, however when I restart my pc, the mouse stops no longer works, and the keyboard, just beeps or types random characters when I type. I have tried both on a different computer and it works fine. I have also tried a different mouse and keyboard in the problem pc, and they work fine. I use Windows XP, but have not haadone problem with them in two years, till now. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
if it came with drivers try reinstalling them from the cd. since it works on another pc its likely that just reinstalling will make it work again.

Hs1mpson

Hs1mpson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have tried that, now the keyboard does not do anything at all, and the mouse has remainded the same, ie. not doing anything at all.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: Logitech Mouse & Keyboard
Date: 13th SEPT-2005

You say that you have a Logitech Cordless Mouse & Keyboard Combo set - & you tried a different Mouse & Keyboard and they worked fine in the problem PC –

What [Brand/MFG] & [Type: (Infrared or RF)] & [Interface: (PS2or USB)] were the Mouse & Keyboard? If they were not an idetical Logitech Cordless Mouse & Keyboard Combo set – Then you are mixing apples & oranges –

Also was 2nd PC using same OS as the problem PC – Have to limit variables when doing [SHOP & COMPARE] Troubleshooting Method –

Is the Logitech Combo Set with your computer that displays problem – using PS2 or USB Interface? Are they PS2 & USB Compatible? – What model Logitech are they?

If they are PS2 & USB Compatible – Did you try the other [Compatible Interface]? See if you can determine if you have: [PS2 problem] or [USB problem] –

Also think about any changes to PC recently – just prior to problem -
1- Any [MS WINDOWS] Updates – (Auto Updates) -
2- Any USB Hardware Additions
3- Any PnP Hardware Additions
4- Any PC Upgrades
5- Any Software Upgrades -

With no Keyboard or Mouse – How did you reinstall Drivers? In [SAFE MODE}? Different Keyboard Or Mouse? ??

Just need some clues – to get started with a direction –

EDIT: -Is this same problem as USB Receiver Problem???

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 13 September 2005 - 04:28 PM.