Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Powerline

• Please log in to reply

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
On my lunch break and just got out of training with Linksys... The broadband company I work for is now, no longer using CAT5E wiring for Wired home networking. Effective today we have switched to using the linksys Powerline products.

This model modem and router Combo:
http://www.linksys.c...FVisitorWrapper

This model Powerline adapter:
http://www.linksys.c...FVisitorWrapper

we are using another model adapter that is grey with blue lights. Cant remember the model number and I cant find a pic of it online.

I have just completed the training with linksys for installing and troubleshooting these three products and According to linksys there are just as reliable and Just as fast as a cat5e wired network. Now I have never known a company to publicly state that their product is not as good as another product and since i have just got out of training on this my knowledge about it is very limited in its abilites.

Could anyone who has actually used these products or any of their products partners, offer me some feedback as the the reliability, speed, ease of daily use.

Could you also offer some common problems encountered with installation?

Thanks All...

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
CMON . . . :) . No one has messed with the Powerline . . .AKA Elctrical outlet Network technology... I have done one 3 PC netowrk install on friday and it was a breeze... I did notice that the the fursthest PC away from the router (in the basement - closest to the elctrical breaker box) was not uploading at the same speeds of 786Kb as the other 2... It was running at 655Kb. Could have been a PC issue though since it was an old laydown desktop with Windows ME and a 3com Nic <---garbage.

Oh well... was hoping for some easy dirt.
:tazz: