Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need driver for MC'97 integrated modem

• Please log in to reply

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hey guys,

I have been looking everywhere on the internet for the past 2 hours to find the modem driver for this old gateway for a customer's computer. It's built-in/integrated into a VIA VT8601A motherboard. I have found everything else for, but just need the modem. I have researched and it is a MC'97 modem, but can't find any drivers. I've been on Windows Update, Gateway and VIA Arena and Google to try and find it but no luck :tazz: Hope someone out there has had this problem before and can help! The operating system I need it for is Windows 2000.

THANKS! :)

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Try http://www.driverguide.com/

Rick

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Been there but thx for the reply :tazz:

Jaxpad

Jaxpad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im also looking for that driver please help "VIA MC'97 Modem controller/driver" Its impossible to find i been searching 3 days please help. . . :)

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Can you provide us with the model number of the motherboard or the brand / model of the computer? This software should be able to provide you with the motherboard and or modem information. On the left side of the page, download the one labeled "SIW Standalone (English Only)" and run that file. You can browse around using the buttons on the left side of the screen at the bottom labeled "Hardware".

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
hit that snag myself a few years back...workaround was to install a $8.00 PCI modem..
sidenote... FRY'S had a special on them a year ago...I picked up 4 of them for 99 cents apiece :)