Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shopping Cart w/out storefront?

• Please log in to reply

mugsy33

mugsy33

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Does anyone know of a good solution for a shopping cart, but no storefront needed?

I am putting together a site that sells a product which is created from the customers' uploaded photo. The user will choose the product specifics from a catalog, upload their photo, then enter the remaining order attributes into a form. The order is then complete, and the payment then needs to be processed.

Since the order process needs a photo upload, I am having the "storefront" created as a seperate application, but now I need the payment processing of a normal cart. Most of the shopping carts that I am familiar with have the storefront integrated which I don't think will work in this case. I guess I could have the order form imported into the cart, but this sounds like the second best way to do it. A cleaner way seems like to use a cart that does not require the storefront portion to be used.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'll appreciate greatly any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mugsy :tazz:

Advertisements

puterman

puterman

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Might be a silly solution but have you considered Paypal? I know they have a shopping cart feature with there service.

Just a thought

Joe V aka puterman

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
How do you register for PayPal? I have site and thinking of opening up donations!

puterman

puterman

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
pretty simple, just visit their site HERE

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
tHANK YOU!

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
How do I put a PayPal Donation (just like here at GTG) So people can donate towards the site?

puterman

puterman

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Once you register for a Paypal account, you can log in and click on the "Merchant Tools" Tab. On the right of the page, in a sub-menu, you should see a listing with "Donations" as the last choice.

You can create a donation link for your site from there.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Also you can do other things there like create donation buttons, shopping carts, payment buttons etc... :tazz:

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Thank You!

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Do members need to register to donate, do I have to give them my credit card number?
Game Freak

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Do members need to register to donate, do I have to give them my credit card number?
Game Freak

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Bump!