Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 2000 reboots by itself

• Please log in to reply

jaden

jaden

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi gerryf

OK, I already have the latest drivers installed, so no need to update...My problem with your suggestion of disabling my IDE is that it may be a few days before I encounter this problem again. As it is, the reboot problem has probably occurred 8 times in the last 2 months? So, what now?

Thanks
Jaden

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I would still disable the IDE--it can easily be re-enabled later, but if it does not occur in 8 days or so, you can be reasonable certain it is a drive failing or ide controller.

You can recheck eventviewer if you like and look for more errors...those errors you mentioned are just as likley caused by your machine crashing as a NIC failure.

jaden

jaden

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi gerryf

My only reservation about it being the IDE controller is that I replaced my motherboard about two weeks ago. Because the reboot was occuring when my machine was idle(never once when I was busy with it), it took me a while to realise. Initially I thought perhaps power supply faulty and changed it. The reason I have contacted you is because after I changed the board I thought it had solved my problem until yesterday when it rebooted again on its own for the first time since changing the board. It just seems nearly impossible that two boards would have exactly the same IDE problem?

jaden

jaden

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
:tazz: Hi , it has taken a couple of days but here is my first blue screen error after turning off the "auto reboot" function as per CZARINA(where are you?).

Here follows the error code:

STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC02FFFD4, 0xC000000E, 0xBFFF5EE4, 0x2A8F1880)
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Address BFFF5EE4 Base at BFFD8000, Datestamp 3e25ba16 -ACPI.sys
Beginning dump of physical memeory...dump complete

gerryf/Czarina please interpret for me??????? :)

Look forward to your response
Jaden

jaden

jaden

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
:) :tazz: Hi , it has taken a couple of days but here is my first blue screen error after turning off the "auto reboot" function as per CZARINA(where are you?).

Here follows the error code:

STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC02FFFD4, 0xC000000E, 0xBFFF5EE4, 0x2A8F1880)
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Address BFFF5EE4 Base at BFFD8000, Datestamp 3e25ba16 -ACPI.sys
Beginning dump of physical memeory...dump complete

gerryf/Czarina please interpret for me???????

Look forward to your response
Jaden

Edited by jaden, 16 September 2005 - 01:16 AM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
From MS

This Stop message, also known as Stop 0x7A, indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.

Johanna

jaden

jaden

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
OK, so what does it mean to me?Where do I go from here?

Jaden

Edited by jaden, 16 September 2005 - 01:50 PM.