Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD/CD Burning help.....

• Please log in to reply

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anybody knows any good DVD & CD Burning programmes compatable with my new DVD/CD Burner. It is an NEC DVD recorder ND-3540A.
Basically, i need to make CD's & DVD's for myself which will play in regular CD & DVD players.

I tried using Real Player but whenever i go to burn a CD, it stops responding and has to close. Are there any good & cheap programmes i can get EXCEPT Nero?
If so, where can i get demo's to try it out?

Many Thanks,
Noobsaibot21

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
cdburnerxp pro is free and burns both cd's and dvd's

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello again,
I've installed everything i need to use this but when i go to burn a CD, it says the Application has requested to stop running.

Any other suggestions?

Many Thanks,
Noobsaibot21

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
its a little expensive, but I really like Nero. You could also check out Sonic's Record now! software.

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello again,

Well I got a demo version of Nero Express and Nero Burning ROM. I managed to burn my first VCD yesterday and it went fine. It even plays in my DVD player. However, today i have been trying to create a different VCD and when i go to burn it, it says:

Cannot Start Video Encoder.

Any ideas? I can post an error log if it will help.....

Many thanks,
Noobsaibot21

YLstang

YLstang

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz: if you have a dvd burner why make a vcd? use dvd shrink 3.2 freeware, dvd decrypter freeware, and nero demo. and make real dvd,s no money spent for programs or software. vcd's will not play in all dvd players but a dvd will with a lot better quality.

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi there,

I am not using DVD Burning because my PC wont detect DVD codecs at the moment. I have my old DVD player in my new PC which i hope to have up and running next week. My old DVD player came with my old Dell PC in 1997 and i'm not sure if it will work on my new PC as the software disc is Water Marked by Dell (I really hate Dell).

Anyway, can you help me with this problem? If i cant get VCDs going, then I dont have much hope for DVDs. :tazz:

Regards,
Noobsaibot21