Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

card upgrade

• Please log in to reply

philstone

philstone

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
i have an media centre pc with a radeon x300 video card and i've been told that if i upgrade my card i will lose certain functionality such as the ability to watch tv or listen to the radio on my computer. Is this true and if so is there a card that will give me better gaming performance and still allow me to use these features?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It is unlikely that ATI would release an update which removed features, however, you could check with their tech support before updating

Unless you mean change the card, in which case you would need to see what features the new one has

philstone

philstone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I meant upgrade to a new card, and i think it has something to do with the card being all-in-one, or having tv functionality

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You just need to make sure the new card has the same features with better performance

ATI have an upgrade programme

You will get a more informed response if you post in games and include the games you want it to run

http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=19

philstone

philstone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
k thanks