Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

card upgrade

• Please log in to reply

philstone

philstone

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
i have an media centre pc with a radeon x300 video card and i've been told that if i upgrade my card i will lose certain functionality such as the ability to watch tv or listen to the radio on my computer. Is this true and if so is there a card that will give me better gaming performance and still allow me to use these features?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
no, I dont believe this is true. especially if you upgrad to another ati card. what are your system specs and who made the the pc?

philstone

philstone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
HP Media Center m1270n Photosmart PC,
i have a p4 3.0 Ghz with 1 gb ram and a RADEON X300 SE PCI-E graphics card with 128MB DDR video memory and TV out

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
it could be the x300 intergrated solution. you would have to see if you had the appropriate pci-e slot available to upgrade to a better video card. I looked at the newest offerings from hp and they include the intergrated graphics plus a tv tuner card.

Now, one of my friends just built his own media center system and he used the ati x700 with the haupage tv tuner card. its the tv tuner card that gives you the additional features.

philstone

philstone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
alright thnaks