Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Icons

• Please log in to reply

Zhewiz

Zhewiz

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
When i start Windows ME, no icons show up. The taskbar shows up and the cursor. When i boot into safe mode, everything works fine. So what's that mean, virus, trojan??? I've done scans and deleted everything with no success. Any help would be great.

Zhewiz

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Zhewiz...Welcome to G2G!

Did this just start happening? If yes, try this...

Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.

You will be presented with two options on the Welcome page:

• Restore my computer to an earlier time
• Create a restore point

Click "Restore my computer to an earlier time" and click Next...A calendar appears.

In the calendar, choose which Restore Point to roll your system back to...choose a bold date before your problem began...Click Next.

You will be prompted to close all applications before completing the Restore process because the computer will restart...Upon completion of the restart, a confirmation screen appears. Click OK to continue to the desktop.

Post back to this thread with your results..good OR bad.

wannabe1