Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe crashes after SP2 update

• Please log in to reply

Syke

Syke

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
ok... well pretty much i was making a cd and installing sp2 update and the update finished so i waited till my cd was done restarted the computer and after the blue welcome screen a error report message pops up and says explorer.exe needs to close so i close it and my icons nor taskbar shows up ive tryed runing the explorer.exe again from run command ive tryed safe mode and i cant sys restore on get to the control panel when i type the command the explorer.exe message pops up again and it dosent load :tazz: please help :)

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hey Syke, if you can't even get Safe Mode to load, there is only one option really left to you other then a full reformat and install of your OS and that is doing a REPAIR OF YOUR OS

Syke

Syke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
no i can run things and open programs and download/install things there is no need for that

Syke

Syke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
sfc /scannow i got it to work :tazz: