Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP.... got some problems

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Arctic freezer or a thermaltake xp-90 would be a good choice.

Advertisements

Homelessclown

Homelessclown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I fixed my computer! All i had to do was clean the fins of my heatsink and it runs like a charm! I guess your mom teachs you lessons, if you clean it, it will work better.

Field Value
CPU 45 °C (113 °F)

Thanks for all the help guys.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There must have been some amount of dust in your pc, remember to keep your PC on your desk and up off the floor to keep the worst of the dust out. And next time you are ordering computer stuff think about getting some dust filters for you intake fans.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
yah, my work comp had the same problem, it can happen, this person had cats, blooody computer was full hair and ooos, it was like putting a big furry jacket on the processor.

Homelessclown

Homelessclown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yeah, there was quite a bunch of dust on the top of the heatsink between the fan and the fins. I used some cotton swabs to brush it off, and then blew the rest out. I guess taking off the heatsink and really looking at it can do wonders to temperature, and i am going to be buying some dust filters, and then some compressed air so i can clean it about every month. Thanks again for the help, and next time anything happens, i am going to make sure its clean, technology at its best......

-Nick-

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you are careful and imobilise the fans you can just give it a once over with the hoover everynow and again.