Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Call of Duty Punkbuster Auto Banning?

• Please log in to reply

ironfist

ironfist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, I just bought a USED copy of CoD and attempted to play it online, got informed about this punkbuster thing, blah blah blah, right? Okay, i try to play on a punkbuster server, I get logged on and like 2 seconds later, iv'e been perma-banned by punkbuster. Am I pretty much screwed becuase I bought a used copy and now cannot play online because someone probably traded in their copy after they got banned for cheating or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

mycompsux

mycompsux

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
That is most likely the case...

djbotxxxe

djbotxxxe

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have the same problem :tazz: !!!
Say that i was banned via punk buster blah blah blah
HELP PLZ

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,674 posts
To the staff of this site it is impossible to find out whether you were banned for the right or wrong reasons.

The only solution for you if you feel you were treated unjust is to file a complaint with punkbuster.

Support links for several games can be found here:
http://www.punkbuste...age=support.php

You will not receive any help to circumvent or undo a ban.

Thanks for your understanding,

simon73

simon73

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Look at the top of this forum it has given some possible reason for Punk thing kicking you off your mulitplayer

:tazz:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
when it kicks you it will tell you why. you might havt to use the ~ key to bring down the console to read the message. If it says duplicate cd key then there isn't much you can do except by a new version.

if you buy a used copy it comes with zero support.

again if its a global gui id ban... well you can appeal via metallica's link, but don't expect a quick response. also I would suggested looking at http:\\punksbusted.com\ for additional info on appeals and how these things are handeled.

thanks,
Starjax

djbotxxxe

djbotxxxe

• Pip
  • 4 posts
say that

v v v v v

Attached Thumbnails

• banned.JPG

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
yep. global gui id ban. you can try appealing to punkbuster, but your better off buying a new copy. cheap enough now anyway.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
OMG!?!? I thought this topic was closed?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
no reason for it to be closed. no one has asked for help in circumventing it. just help in knowing what to do about it or what the error messages mean.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Oh ok Because I got this link through GeekU! Sorry!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
no problem. metallica set the ground rules. there isn't anyway to circumvent a global guid ban by punkbuster. they will very occasionally process an appeal, but most often all you can do is to buy another copy (full retail, aka new).

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Roger that StarJax!

hehe!

ON-A-MISSION

ON-A-MISSION

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:whistling:

when it kicks you it will tell you why. you might havt to use the ~ key to bring down the console to read the message. If it says duplicate cd key then there isn't much you can do except by a new version.

if you buy a used copy it comes with zero support.

again if its a global gui id ban... well you can appeal via metallica's link, but don't expect a quick response. also I would suggested looking at http:\\punksbusted.com\ for additional info on appeals and how these things are handeled.

thanks,
Starjax

HI ALL I NEW ON HERE MY UNITED OFFENCE COMES UP WITH AWAITING GAMESTATE AND THEN SAYS PERMENANTLY BANNED BY ADMIN SERVER CAN ANYBODY HELP PLEASE THANX edited out email for security...unless you like spam don't post your email on an open forum