Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Big Problem (LAN)

• Please log in to reply

Ange|

Ange|

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
My brother's computer is connected to another host computer. That internet doesnt work for some reason, when i use the msn troubleshooter thing it would say Default Gateway Offline and sometimes Your machine has a invalid IP address. On the host computer the internet works fine but my brother's computer's internet doesnt work. My brothers computer is connected thru lan to my computer ( the host computer) and the lan is also constantly disconnecting and connecting.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem ?
Thanks to anyone who replies

Advertisements

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Hey Angel, Welcome to G2G...

Before we can help you with this, we will need a little more information..

how are you connecting to the internet? Dialup or Broadband? what is the make/model of the modem/router you are using? are the computers directly connected together or are you using a hub or switch??
What operating system(s) are on both computers....

post back with as much info as you can.

Ange|

Ange|

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Heyz, nvm about the prob i got someone to come in to fix the prob xD

Big Thanks xD!