Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Viao Problems

• Please log in to reply

ByteBandit

ByteBandit

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm obviously writing here because I'm having a problem with some of my keyboard buttons. The number "six" and the "minus/underline" and my "delete" buttons dont work or sometimes work. Also the button behind the number "1" does'nt work.
As if this was'nt strange enough, when I hold down both the "Home" button and the "Page Up" button, together, the number 6 displays the letter"y." And when I hit the "minus/underline button I get the left bracket "[" and when I hit the button just left of the number "1", I get capital locks.
Needless to say, I'm baffled. I got the number "6" on this thread with the help of number locks.
Any help would be appreciated as to what's going on here.
I believe the keyboard is fine as the keys work under different circumstances other than how they should normally.
Thank you

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi ByteBandit...Welcome to G2G!

This is a strange one..I don't believe I've ever seen it before.

Try going to the control panel and double click on the keyboard icon. Choose the "Hardware" tab. Make sure there is only one keyboard listed in the text box or if there are more than one, that yours is selected.

Click on the "Properties" button and then, under the "Driver" tab, click on "Update Driver" and let Windows search for the best driver.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest contacting the manufacturer for some support. :tazz:

wannabe1

ByteBandit

ByteBandit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the welcome wannabe,
Thank you for the best advice you could give, but unfortunately, it looks like I may have to contact Sony as your advice did nothing productive.
It worked good this morning, then it started acting up again like I reported after a couple hours of use.