Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what kind of camera?

• Please log in to reply

kayona

kayona

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Not sure this is the forum I should be in but here goes. I have a new computer coming any day and am needing help in the area of buying a digital camera. I want to start selling cross stitch that I make on Ebay etc. I purchased a scanner with the new computer and I need a digital camera. I dont have a clue how to go about choosing one. First off, I dont have unlimited funds though that would be nice, so cost is an issue. I do, however, need a good camera. The stitches are quite small I would like the picture to show the detailof the stitches and beading. Is a 3 megapixal(sp) enough? My son said a five megapixal, they are spendy. What makes the picture a quality picture? Is it the camera or the scanner or both. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Kayona

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
When you're posting pictures on eBay, megapixels aren't very important. The reason is that you can't display pictures at huge resolutions. Even a 2megapixel camera produces pictures that are 1200x1600 pixels, which are probably too big for eBay. Probably the largest picture you'd want to display would be 1024x768 pixels.

If you're concerned with close-up detail than a good macro mode is important. Also, many of the higher megapixel camers simply display better pictures because they have better image sensors, and processors.

I'm a big Canon fan. You should be able to find a good deal on a 2mp A40, or 3mp A60 (on eBay). Either one would provide very good results. :tazz: Don't forget to light your pictures properly. Lot's of light is important, don't rely soley on the flash.