Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help Deleting Files

• Please log in to reply

eyerock

eyerock

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hey guys, recently i tried synching my 1gb flash drive with Windows Media player so my mp3 files transfered over. Everything has worked fine except one group's mp3s. For some reason inside the folder of a particular band (where the mp3s should be) instead of mp3's there are files, but the names and types are all crazy wierd characters and things that do not make sense. When i try to delete them i get the "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk."

I have tried renaming the files and extensions and neither will work. Is there anyway i can delete these files from my flash drive?

I'm attaching a screenshot of what i'm seeing.

Attached Thumbnails

• messed_up_files.gif

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
You could always try transferring the other files off of the flash drive to a spot on your hard drive and formatting the flash drive.

eyerock

eyerock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
your saying transfer all my files that i do want onto my PC, format the flash drive, then retransfer back from my PC?

davepig

davepig

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
hi
You could try downloading Easycleaner2.0 from http://personal.inet...rts/ecleane.htm and see if that helps. Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly first, and i would recommend you never use the 'delete duplicate files' option as it could land you in a whole world of pain. I use the other options regularly and it does help. Good luck.

eyerock

eyerock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
okay i transfered all my files from my Flash drive, except the bad files i wanted to delete, to my PC desktop. Next i formatted the flash drive, then retransferred all my files from my desktop, back to the Flash drive and that worked perfectly- good thinking man. Thanks for the help!