Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win98se usb issues

• Please log in to reply

gas

gas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi all,

ive just reinstalled my win98se & installed the unofficial service pack 2.02. all seemed fine until i tried to connect the following usb devices, all of which appear to install fine from [factory] disc but on reboot i keep getting the 'found new hardware' wizard. im not a happy bunny. both devices ran fine on my girlfriends winMe machine - until that blew-up earlier this week.

epson_stylus c46 printer & canon_canoscan n65ou scanner

any help or pointers much appreciated.
thx

gas

Edited by gas, 13 September 2005 - 08:06 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
If I remember correctly, if you are installing a usb printer for many manufacturers you should not connect the usb cable until prompted by the installation program. This may be the case for your scanner too.

Did you follow the installation procedure correctly? If not -

Suggest that you uninstall via Add/Remove or CD and try disconnecting the usb cable until prompted.