Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet explorer issues

• Please log in to reply

tsimard

tsimard

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm not sure why this is happening, but some websites will not work in their entirety and I think it's my computer, not them. For instance, weather.com comes up, but without many graphics and icons. Same with many websites. And I can't even access any hotmail.

Also, my windows media player seems to be having trouble too. Any time I try to open it, it says "an internal application error has occured."

I noticed these changes after I downloaded some Dell support updates. I restarted the computer and then these issues arose. I figured I'd come to you guys for help first since you know more about what you're talking about. Thanks!

Advertisements

chirp

chirp

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Hey sorry i dont have a full soultion yet i'll look more into it or someone else will help you, but for now i sugest that u install firefox web browser http://download.mozi...=win&lang=en-US it works really well for me

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Can you use System Restore to go back to a date before the Dell Updates?

Johanna

tsimard

tsimard

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Firefox works great, thanks. But system restore does not work, actually.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Have you created restore points or have you reinstalled recently ?

tsimard

tsimard

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have recently reinstalled.