Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't make backups

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
After a bit of trying things out, I discovered that it still wasn't working properly. What followed is difficult to explain because I wasn't really paying attention, just clicking away as usual out of desperation.

I finally came upon a Nero window where, at the very bottom, I noticed something written in red. DUH!!! Must be a warning. I looked a bit closer and there side by side were two buttons to choose. The left, in red was telling me that the windows default files were corrupt, the one on the right was telling me to click there to use the Nero ones. (Could they be the files that I replaced under your guidance?)

Well I told myself that I had nothing to lose at that point and clicked away and suddenly, I am back burning DVD media and able to make full backups.

Conclusion: Happy ending and thank you for the time you put into this stupid problem of mine.

Trevuren

Advertisements