Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

transfer address book & inbox to new pc

• Please log in to reply

peachy_lemon

peachy_lemon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I finally broke down and purchased a new laptop. No problem moving all my pictures and saved documents through network from old to new :tazz:

:) ... but I can't figure out how to move Outlook Express address book and mail boxes (i.e. in box, sent box, delete box) to the new computer.

:) To make matters worse... I started out using Outlook Express on my new laptop, but when I later installed MS Office, the default mail changed to the full version Outlook. I didn't notice this until after receiving a boat-load of emails. No problem changing default back to Outlook Express... but how can I move all the received mail to my Express In-box?

Advertisements

trouduc

trouduc

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
You can export a PST from outlook and the old laptop's OE and import the PST into OE on the new system but I'd recommend using a real email client such as Thunderbird instead. Sorry, I don't have OE installed (yuck) or I'd give you exact steps.

http://www.mozilla.o...ts/thunderbird/

Edited by trouduc, 13 September 2005 - 01:23 PM.