Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE HELP! is it possible to fix PXE-E61 ?

• Please log in to reply

talovetu

talovetu

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Alrighty well as I have read PXE-E61 Media test failure is so far only sloved with a reformat ... is there any other options for me?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Couple of things you need to do..

1: Boot into BIOS (setup) and make sure nothing in the boot order is set to boot from LAN or boot from network !!

2: While still in BIOS, disable the "Wake on Lan" option..

Press F10 and the "Y" and let the system start..

Murray

talovetu

talovetu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
How Do I boot On BIO ... like I am not that great at computers ... if by that your meaning the menu with options like "safe mode" and stuff it wount even move to that

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Well, the manual you should have received with your system should give you that information along with the location of the boot sequence location in BIOS..

Just watch your screen as it is starting up.. It will tell you there what key to press to get into BIOS (setup) - usually the <delete> key..

Murray

talovetu

talovetu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yeah I figuered it out but like.. see my computer is still trying to boot on the flash drive and it is changed in the bios ... like see what it is is that like its not booting on the hard drive but insted a flash drive ... I dont know what do to

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
What are your boot options set to in BIOS and did you disable ALL "Wake on" options!!

Murray

talovetu

talovetu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
it is ... like the wake on lan is disabled ... its still trying to boot on a flash drive

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

What are your boot options set to in BIOS
Murray

View Post

I repeat..

Murray

talovetu

talovetu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
boot prority is HDD, FDD, CD-ROM, LAN then the Net. Boot Protocol is PXE. Wake up on LAN is disabled and so is the alarm time. ... see what I noticed that under peripheral it says that my hard disk mode is not used and that is an option it wount let me change

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

boot prority is HDD, FDD, CD-ROM, LAN then the Net. Boot Protocol is PXE.

View Post

Change both the LAN and NET options to HDD.. If you can change or disable the Boot Protocol, do that as well..

Murray

Advertisements

talovetu

talovetu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I can change the boot protocol to RPL and the only LAN options I can change on this is PCI LAN ( the built in ) and I just made it disabled ... see like I asked another person about it they said that the only way i can fix this is reformat ... like because its a toshiba satellite and they arnt set up to deal with external harddrives ... and thats where the problem started

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You're not by any chance losing your time settings are you? If you are your CMOS battery may be dead and that will cause the BIOS settings to revert to default. In many older laptops the install was done by network and that is the default boot device.

talovetu

talovetu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Everything is set the way it should be ... but its still trying to boot on a external harddrive that is not there ... I was thinking maybe if I put somthing on a flash drive that will allow windows to start and stuff then like ... maybe it will start and somehow i can get the computer to reconise that there is an internal harddrive ? would that work? ...

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

... like because its a toshiba satellite and they arnt set up to deal with external harddrives ... and thats where the problem started

View Post

Ever consider contacting the Toshiba helpdesk??

Murray

talovetu

talovetu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
they told me to reformat ... and thats what i am trying to get around but its looking like its my only option ... i am going to lose alot because i backed up about 3 months ago ... so i will lose too much