Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

question about donations

• Please log in to reply

mieledio

mieledio

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I'm always hesitant to start a new topic but I've searched and searched and I can't find the answer to this question anywhere, so I hope I've done the right thing. I also hope this isn't an inappropriate question.

coachwife6 has just finished helping me get rid of a malware infection, and I'm grateful beyond words both to her and for this site. I'm going to make a donation, but I'm curious about where the money goes.

I assume most or all of it goes back into running the site, and that's great... more power to you... but does any part of it go to the person who helped? Or maybe some portion of all of the donations are "divvied up" among all of the staff and other helpers? I know that most or all of them are volunteers and I think they deserve to be compensated as richly as possible for their wonderful help and great attitudes.

As I said, I'm donating either way; after my experiences, I'm 100% into the war against malware. My question is purely for the sake of curiosity, not to determine what I do.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello! :tazz: Some of our Staff members have PayPal links in our signatures. Any donations sent to those links DO go directly to the Staff member, 100%. If you choose to donate to the site itself for operating expenses, you can do that as well. That money would go directly to the site owner to help defray the ever rising operating costs of running such a huge site. :)

Hope this helps!

mieledio

mieledio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
It does, very much. Thanks again!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts