Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

want to upgrade!

• Please log in to reply

racinmason001

racinmason001

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
OK I'm a complete idiot when it comes to cpu's and I want to upgrade my cpu for games here are some of my specs 256mb DDR, 128mb nvidia geforce 2 graphics card, cd/dvd combo rom 48x write/16x read intel celeron 2.70ghz processor. Could someone give me some exact names of processors and graphics cards I sould buy.

Advertisements

Nalyd

Nalyd

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
More information on your board would be needed to give you information. Not sure what processors will work. If you can give the brand and model, I can be more helpful :tazz:

racinmason001

racinmason001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Brand:Emachines Model #:T2792 somebody recommened me getting an AMD athlonXP 3200+ on an asrock board. Tell me if this is true and how much in american.

Zarkahn

Zarkahn

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
First off, you cant put AMD on an Intel board. Second, There is a site somewhere that lets you put in your board type and model number and it gives you a list and the fastest processor it will support. I will se if I can find it, but maybe somebody else already knows. Ethier way, with an Intel board you have to stick with an Intel CPU.

Draco's_Fury

Draco's_Fury

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Forget an asrock MB, go with an ABIT MB. As far as buying parts, newegg.com is great, shipping is cheap and great stock. but I have an AMD 2800+ with an ABIT MB and im perfectly happy with it. (With processor, MB, and RAM i only spent about 300 bucks.)
But if u want to go AMD then u will have to get a new bourd...
If u want to save money I would keep the board u have and look up the serial# on the Motherboard, NOT THE SERIAL# OF THE COMPUTER.
But newegg is a great website for comp stuff, when u find the serial# on the MB look it up on Emachines website or just google it.....then go to newegg...

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
What i would do is sell your current pc, and start all over on a custom built pc.

Look and see how big of a pentium 4 chip your current motherboard will fit first!

We need more info on your pc first, motherboard,model of pc.

Edited by jrm20, 14 September 2005 - 12:00 PM.

racinmason001

racinmason001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Here is some of my mo/bo info emachines imperial motherboard the serial number is GV20030812 MAT,NO:143159