Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Send/Receive Error

• Please log in to reply

Jellycat

Jellycat

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi
Running Outlook 2002 on XP pro with Norton 2005. Netgear wireless ADSL router at 1.1 Mbps. This setup has worked with no probs for my smtp/pop mail account until recently.

Everything works fine on initial startup - I can send and receive mail. At the next auto send/receive command - and subsequently thereafter - I get the timeout error message 0x08004210A i.e waiting for a response from the receiving pop server. I am unable to send or receive mail. I have tried the following without success:-

Checked pop/smtp account settings for accuracy
Increased the server timeout settings
Disabled Norton 2005 Internet Security and AV
Deleted messages at the server end using squirrel mail
deep scanned system using Giant AntiSpyware, Adaware SE and Norton.
Closing and restarting Outlook only.

Restarting the machine seems to be the only way of getting mail in/out - which leads me to suspect that a local system process or similar is "kicking in" after the initial request - however I cant determine which if any using the processes tab on windows task manager.

Any of you good people out there experienced this or have any suggestions as to where I go from here

Cheers
Patrick... :tazz:

Advertisements