Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinXP Pro: New install, how to setup domain

• Please log in to reply

codecraig

codecraig

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
I just reinstalled Win XP Pro on my home desktop computer. I have two user accounts...one for me and one for my wife.

What I would like to do is setup or be able to login as the "Administrator" user so that I can make certain config. changes for the entire computer.

How should I do this? Currently when windows boots up it displays the two user accounts and allows you to click on one to login.

thanks

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi codecraig...

You are probably already configured as an administrator by default and that gives you the permissions to make "system wide" changes to the machine. Unless you have set either account to a limited account, your wife is probably an admin account, too.

You can check and/or change these settings in the Control Panel under "User Accounts"

wannabe1