Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Default display settings

• Please log in to reply

Gauze

Gauze

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I decided I wanted to hook my computer up to my TV. I got an S-video to S-video cable. My Graphics card has an S-video out, my TV does not. My RF converter does however so I thought that would work. I have both my monitor and TV hooked up right now. But both only work in safe mode, and my TV is displaying the computer as B&W. I set my computer up to recognize my TV as the default display and its not working with windows normally and I can't get it back the original way, having my monitor display. The way it is now my monitor displays a blank screen and I can only see my mouse pointer when i move it and my TV displays B&W lines going across. That is when my computer is running in normal mode. The only way I can get to the Nvidia settings is to run in normal mode. And I can't because I can't see it the it is set up. I need help, this is stupid. I know now that having anything in between the graphics card and TV doesn't work, but its too late. However, my TV does display windows in B&W in safe mode and on booting up, so maybe there is hope?
Please help me
Thank you.

Advertisements