Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win Xp Startup

• Please log in to reply

Wrenco

Wrenco

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm having problems with Win XP service pack II during startup :)

My desctop and Menu Bar does not appear even after waiting for 30mins. I can only get anything up using Cntr Alt Del.

I have carried out system restore successfully once :) but the problem persisted after next re-boot :tazz:

I ran pc mighty power to rearch for problems and it found 7 severe arrors with windows sartup, but couldnt fix them. I would love some help :)

Thank you

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Can you boot into safe mode? If you can, boot into safe mode and then go to START-->CONTROL PANEL and then to ADD & REMOVE PROGRAMS. Then select WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2, and click REMOVE. After SP2 is uninstalled, reboot into normal mode and see if you can now get to your desktop.

Good luck!

Fenor

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If this problem is not related to the actual install of SP2, visit the Malware forum: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Johanna