Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Saving "Updates of Norton Antivirus 2005"

• Please log in to reply

special-one

special-one

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Does anyone know how to save the updates which has been downloaded through "LIVE UPDATE" of norton antivirus .. ?
For example, i have installed the Norton Antivirus 2005, and now i have updated my NAV from the LIVE UPDATE, after few days, my NAV corrupts for some reason, now i have to reinstall the NAV again, after reinstalling, i again have to update the NAV from LIVE UPDATE ... is there anyway that i save the previously installed updates so i dont have to update it again ? is there number of files which i have to save ?
Well, there is also an intelligent updater available on www.Symantec.com but it only updates Virus definitions .. i want to update all features of NAV .. plz help me out

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Live Update has new definitions and software updates added continually so you may as well carry on using it

Even if you saved the present updates, these would not be current for long

special-one

special-one

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
let's assume, that if i am not a regular user of internet .. or updating or downloading is not allowed in the organization for some period .. what can i do in this case ?
if i save the previous updates of the Live update, and install it to the new NAV installation, i may be safe to some extent as compare to the old built-in NAV updates

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you keep it updated to the point where you then stop using the internet, then run a scan, you should not get the opportunity to get infected. When you re-connect, Live Update would pick up and install the most recent updates.

Even if Norton corrupts after this, you are not open to same possibilities of becoming infected if you do not connect the PC to the internet