Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

To part......or (resolved)

• Please log in to reply

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
:ph34r: / :tazz: I am attemping to partition my drive :) using a utility called swiss knife. The help file is no help. Has anyone used this utility? The first (and only) option it gives me is 'format drive'. I don't want to do that if it means restoring the os. :tazz: The more I research this topic the more :) and :tazz: I get. Any :) appreciated. I'm ready to toss the idea and go for a :ph34r: !!

Edited by Ianzworld, 16 September 2005 - 11:08 PM.

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
I don't know anything about swiss knife, but Partition Magic can partition a hard drive without any data loss or need for formatting. It is very simple and explanitory. You have to buy it though...

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
:) It's the" though" part I don't like. I'm a free"eak. I tried using the disk management on xp pro in dos mode but it made my :tazz: . Thanx though... :)

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
:) , :tazz: , :) , :) !!!?

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
hrrmm...goto disk management in windows

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
:) I tried disk management but couldn't find "Click on free disk space" to make the partition so I tried dos and just got more :tazz: .

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Well, "better pay a little more and get a lot more"- just my personal opinion.
I use Disc Director Suite for partitioning my hard drive and very satisfied with it.
But if you don't want to pay anything try
Ranish Partition Manager
But I didn't use and verify it by myself

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
:tazz: Gave up.