Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

how to get rid of annoying MSN pop-up?

• Please log in to reply

dark knight

dark knight

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but can anyone please help tell me how to get rid of this pop-up. it keeps coming up! :tazz:
thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• annoying_msn_pop_up.jpg

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Sounds like you have messenger spam. Have you got winodws messenger enabled ?

dark knight

dark knight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I always have my msn messenger on and the message keeps poping up. would running ad-aware, cleanup and cw shredder get rid of this or do I need to do something else? thanks...

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Do you want MSN Messenger on? If you don't want to see the log-in, just shut MSN off. Is there a "properties" or "options" in MSN Messenger to set preferences or take it out of your start up menu?

Johanna
Long ago, I killed MSN Mess. with this in the run line:
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
so I can't check it.

dark knight

dark knight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I need to have my MSN Messenger on to communicate for work.
I checked the "options" tab but there's nothing which indicates that I can disable this pop up.
thanks!

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Well I thik that there is only one program that gets rid of Messenger Spam effeciently and you can still use MSN with it.

I saw it on these forums a few months back does anyone remember the program that does this ? :tazz:

dark knight

dark knight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sorry, I now suspect that this terrible pop up is the result of Microsoft Outlook.... not msn messenger. because I use both programs all the time, I thought it was msn. any suggestions on how to get rid of this?