Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Saving download pages v Browser security

• Please log in to reply

MarkDreams

MarkDreams

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I recently started studying at Geek U! Some of the pages I downloaded into a folder which I then could access via a link. The "editor" was Keynotes ... I suppose a bit like a "file a fax". Some pages for others sites did not save as I expected and I noticed that they got saved in temp pages folder. After using "CleanUp!" the links I made in various documents did not work.
I dont understand why if the pages are clearly visible in my "Web Pages" folder and they load when I use my IE6.0 why I can not create a link....
Forgive ... I assume that the pages are saved in two locations? Sorry a liitle confused here...
Can anyone help explain what I am doing wrong? Or is it simply that the web site viewed will only let me save pages in my temp folder?

Advertisements

MarkDreams

MarkDreams

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Dear All
Having sat puzzled for a while :) ; I decided to switch off "SpyGuard" and try again. No problems this time. Hence can only assume IE6.0 options or "ban" prevented me from reading and loading html pages. I will continue to use SpyGuard but exit the program when required. I suspect SpyGuard / IE6.0 needs a tweak.
Would you agree that was probably the cause of my problem? Would like to know.
Mark :tazz:

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
sounds reasonable to me. I'm running spyware guard, tea timer and winpatrol, and it is sometimes a pain to intall a new program. Got to shut it all down, then watch them complain about new programs being installed. :tazz: But its nice to know they work.

PS, when you ran cleanup, that emptied your temp folders breaking the links that you had made to files stored in your temp folder.

Welcome to geek U. Enjoy your training.

Best regards,

EMCguy

MarkDreams

MarkDreams

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
EMC Guy
Hi thanks for your reply. SG just exit it when suspect causing a problem. Then kick up again afterwards. The links I create ... I download and save as HTML files / folders. So I can write my notes and pull up respective pages. That way you can keep numerous files in one web page folder relating to different topics. Just have to be carefull that you dont overwite stuff that you previously linked.
Hence I save the web site link ; saved the HTML copy and write my notes.
Still fairly safe that way.
Mark