Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

suse 9.2 and cable modem

• Please log in to reply

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
I was trying to connect my linux box to my brothers network. My box besides running suse has the following..... Piii-800 dual processor on a tyan tiger 200 motherboard with 1 gb of ram and an 80 gb hard drive. It also has two on-board nics. I tried to connect to my brothers network. he has a hub? I believe but is running a dhcp server /firewall ( win2000 i think ) but for the life of me I could not get it to connect. It would see the card but wouldn't get an ip. I did find something about ip6 might be a problem so I turned that function off and it still will not get an ip. Anyone have any ideas? I hope to replace his windows server with a smoothwall firewall/dhcp server soon but.....till then I'm stuck on dial-up on my suse so I cannot update ( including the needed video driver -i hope- for my geforce mx4000. )

Oh and I'm not real familiar with linux yet but getting there.....

Advertisements