Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please I need Help!

• Please log in to reply

k-lite

k-lite

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I don't know much about computers and I want to download java runtime but some thing always pops up saying internal error 2755. 6... I use windows xp. If that will help. Everyone keeps telling me to uninstall SP1 but I don't know if I have that. I don't even know what it is. Please can someone give me step by step information on what to do?

Thx to whomever helps.

Advertisements

k-lite

k-lite

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
can u help chimchim??

alphargamma

alphargamma

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,
well i dont know step by step beacuse i dont know that much about it but what I
do know is Xp Internet Explorer 6 SP1 is a service pack .It either came with or you installled it at a time . This should be in Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs ,you should be able to uninstall it from there. I know if its intergated it will not delete from Windows XP because of the way the program is it is embedded software therefore impossible to remove once installed because the Service Pack makes so many changes to the original configuration of the Operating System it would not be likely to remove it... you could possibly use Roxio Go back because it's better than windows system restore,i think it costs but it should be an asset to everyones computer. If you want to know more about roxio go back here is the link .

http://www.symantec.com/goback/

Internal error codes like the one you seen 2755 can be related to incorrect permissions settings on the machine, corrupt device drivers, incorrect environment variables, or out-of-date service packs.A supported fix is now available from Microsoft. To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://support.micro...;EN-US;CNTACTMS