Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Belkin 54g Router Problem

• Please log in to reply

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
pardon?
I found out the mac address of my router, will that help me out?
this is highly inefficient to u have a messaging program?

Edited by kodemaan, 15 September 2005 - 03:22 PM.

Advertisements

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok, you say you can only get one computer conected to the internet at a time.
i would say this is because your cable isp will only give you one ip at a time.
You say you know the ip address of your router, but you cant configure it. Did you try putting the ip address in your web browser? you need to get to the configuration screen of your router and enable dhcp, and if possible , clone the router's mac address with that of your computer. and setup your router to assign ip's to each of your computers

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yes i did but i just guess that i'm going to have to input the mac address of my router in each computer and see if that doesn't work....bc i get an error page everytime i input my ip address in the web browser.....which i've done a couple times
do you think if i directly connected to my router (put a chord just from my cpu to router) if i'd be able to do it bc i already got my one cpu hooked up through a port in the router but if i hooked ti up directly would that work better?

Edited by kodemaan, 15 September 2005 - 03:41 PM.

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
not your ip address , the ip of your router like so: http://169.192.0.1
if the ip is correct if shoud bring up a login page

and dont put the mac of your router in each computer, it wont work
put the ip address as the gateway in the TCP/IP properties

Edited by todd333, 15 September 2005 - 03:41 PM.

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
so for one i still can't connect to my router bc i tried my ip address, default gateway, dhcp server, and more with no luck. and my ip and default gateway are almost the same and before this started not workin they worked fine
well i tried manually entering the dns servers and i have to wait for my other cpu to startup b4 i know if it worked

Edited by kodemaan, 15 September 2005 - 03:53 PM.

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
good luck, its 5:00 here, time for me to get out of here, ill be back tom morning

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
k bye

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
to access the router's web based advanced setup screen type 192.168.2.1 in your web browser. Make sure DHCP is on. have the ip pool starting address set to 192.168.2.2 and the ip pool ending address 192.168.2.147
set the lease time to whatever you'd like. click apply changes and logout. reboot both machines and attempt to run wireless setup on laptop.

If the above instructions don't resolve your issue and you still need to clone your mac address, MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE COMPUTER THAT WAS ORIGINALLY CONNECTED TO YOUR CABLE MODEM BEFORE THE ROUTER WAS INSTALLED AND THAT IT IS THE ONLY THING CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER. Click on Wan MAC Address. Click the Clone Button and Apply Changes.

let me know how you make out.

Edited by brianmil0923, 15 September 2005 - 07:41 PM.

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
yea so it won't let me click that link bc i don't think i'm connected to the router at all or as someone suggested it's only letting one computer to access it at a time.
yea so can u im me at one of the sn's on my "card" bc this whole delay response is killin me

Edited by kodemaan, 15 September 2005 - 07:47 PM.

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Well i still can't find ne way to actually connect to the http version of my router configuration and therefore what you are telling me to do is completely useless. That is the real problem right now

Advertisements

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
it doesn't help if msn messenger shows you offline

print this out....

Shut down everything....unplug all cables....(using a cat5e network cable)..plug the router into the NIC on your desktop.....(again using a network cable) plug the cable router into the WAN or UPLINK port on your router....

turn on the cable modem...then the router....then your desktop computer....leave the laptop off for now....now try instructions in above post.(#23)....

do not turn on your laptop until you are able to complete...

Edited by brianmil0923, 15 September 2005 - 10:05 PM.

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
well yea i did that and i still have the same ip address then when i try and connect to the router it still doesn't work

kodemaan

kodemaan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
OK UPDATE: I finally fixed my internet connection by going on belkin.com which recommended a really big fix file buuut it worked great. It told me to make my ip address 192.168.xx.xx has configured on my router and i had to make my own ip and the subnet address it told me to. But it has fool proof step by step guides to configuring your Belkin router. sry i don't have a link to the file exactly but it's under http://www.belkin.com/networking

Thanks all for your help :tazz:
[Close]

Edited by kodemaan, 16 September 2005 - 04:09 PM.