Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network connections says i'm connected but....

• Please log in to reply

bictheterp

bictheterp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Network connections says i'm connected but it won't connect on IE to ANY site and AIM, i ran one of the spyware things that this site recommends a couple weeks back and ever since then i can't connect to anything even though in my network connections it says i am connected fine, i am able to enable and disable it with no problem, but if i hit repair it wont renew it's IP adress, i tried rolling back my driver for mynetwork connection , reinstalling it, rolling back my system, everything the Dell troubshoot crap said to do, and nothing, i've switched LAN cables, there is nothing wrong with the network cause my roomates can run their computers fine on it.... i dont know what to do

Advertisements

davepig

davepig

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
What hardware are you using for the networking?
And who is your ISP?
Are you using WinXP?

Post back and someone may be able to help.