Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox

• Please log in to reply

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Does anyone know how to set up Firefox (version 1.0.6) so I can get a live RSS feed from this site.... or a way that when a user replies to a post it will automatically update the forum, so I don't have to keep hitting the refresh button on the browser to check for replies.

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
The only way you can get a rss feed from a site is if they offer it. we don't have an rss feed from this site, so there is no way to do what you are wanting to accomplish.

also when you signed up for your account, you automtically are set up to recieve email notices to the email address you specified when you signed up. when you get the emails, click on the link and it takes you right to the last reply made.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
I was afraid of the first part... and the second part i already know of, but i dont like it since it floods my email address....

when you sign on to G2G for the first time in the day Efwis, how do you find all the posts that you have replied to....(to see if there have been replies) ? :tazz:

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
first thing I do is check my email box, since i have email notification set up. then just in case the occasional one slips into my junk mail folder, I go to my control panel and browse through all my subscribed to topics

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
The email notification would be alot better if it said in the sublect line what topic it was for... is there a way to make it do that????

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
that would be somthing an admin for the site would have to look into. i'm not sure if there is a mod for that or not.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
One more question and I'll leave you alone Efwis.... On your post you have the green dragon exhaling smoke.... How did you do that... the size limit is 100 pixels X 100 pixels and a really low file size...

What file formats are allowed for an image like that... or if i were to use the same picture that i do now, but instead the flag was rippling in the breeze..