Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with wireless connection sharing

• Please log in to reply

Wes2000

Wes2000

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Here is the problem:

I have a friend in a dorm and they have wireless internet in the dorms. He has his computer on the wireless connection and it works fine, but now he wants to play xbox live and he has no way to have a wired direct connection. I heard it was possible to have the wireless connection bridged to his 10/100 card and then have a cord go from his 10/100 card to his xbox.

Can anyone link me to a guide for this, or can anyone basically explain it to me?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Wes2000!

Hook a ethernet cable going from your computer to xbox. On your computer, connect to the wireless network. Next you must enable Internet Connection Sharing on your wireless connetion. Go to Netwok Connections (from control panel) and right click on your wireless connection, and click properties. Under the advanced tab, there will be a box at the bottom saying "Allow other network users to connet through this computer's Internet Connection" and check the box below that. Thats it! Your done. Enjoy!! :tazz:

Edited by Fenor, 14 September 2005 - 08:11 PM.