Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mod Alert

• Please log in to reply

geekygirl

geekygirl

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Does GTG have a way to report a bad post other than PM'ing someone? Or did I miss it? If I did not miss it may I suggest one.

Thanks for all you do!

Edited by geekygirl, 14 September 2005 - 08:24 PM.

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
For regular members, there is no other way. For staff and GeekU students, we have access to another thread where this can be done. You can PM an Admin, Global Mod, or the mod for the thread the post is in. Or you can just reply here and I'll make sure they get the link.

-rmurphy

geekygirl

geekygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hey,

Thank you for the reply, I had already PM'd someone regarding it. I was just thinking there had to have been an easier way. One that was more direct like a button at the top of the thread to report it. I understand how busy everyone is *not to mention how annoying trolls are* I just did not want the staff to mistake the PM as me asking for help outside the forum.

Thanks for your time!

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
The Report this thread to a mod feature was discussed here, but with all the users and the huge number of posts, that leaves the feature open to abuse. That feature sends an email to every single moderator when someone pushes that button.

Just stick to Pms and well take care of them for ya.

Thanks for lookin out!

ScHwErV :tazz:

geekygirl

geekygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Now that makes sense. I won't pester you any longer.:tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
If you have a suggestion/complaint/comment.....pester away! :) We WANT and appreciate the feedback! :tazz:

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

We really don't mind getting PM's concerning suspect threads so PM away.. :)

Just ask ~Kat~.. I think I hold her PM record !! :tazz:

Murray

geekygirl

geekygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
LOL- Thanks Guys and Gal. :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Just ask ~Kat~..  I think I hold her PM record !!  :tazz:

Murray

View Post

hmmm. You're up there pretty high, yes. But there's a couple who pm me several times a day!

oh wait...does friendly/bantering pm's count here?? If not, then yeah...you hold the record! :) :) :)