Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Messenger Can't connect

• Please log in to reply

fayetastic

fayetastic

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Even since I had wireless internet connection, my msn messenger behaves pretty weird.

Everytime I tried to sign in, right before it makes its connection, my internet connection failed, and when my connection goes back on, the messenger is in reconnecting mode, saying reconnecting in 3 seconds or so. And it does connect after 3 secs.

But today, I was chatting with my friend, and suddenly my internet connection dropped from 54Mbps to 2.0Mbps, and everything failed. So I restarted my PC, everything was back to normal but not my messenger. So I guessed I should installed a newer version ( I was using 7.0, now installed 7.5). It behaves the same (drops my internet connection and let it go back on after secs) except that after it says "reconnecting in 0:40 (more reconnecting time), it won't connect at all. I ran the tests from its tool-> connection menu, it says that my hosts file contains some MSN Messenger related stuff, so I clicked "Repair" but nothing seems changed.

Any idea what went wrong?

PS: I have a D-link DI-524 wireless router and a DWL-G122 USB adapter.

Thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you connected via lan (physicall connection) or wireless?