Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Missing Various Files

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I had a problem with the file wininet.dll yesterday and I finally got the problem corrected. However now I have several programs that seem to missing files and will not run. Here are a few examples: Can not run system restore, my sbcyahoo wont launch from the icon, which is now missing from my desk top, I can not due a computer check up from Dell. I have a Dell Dimension 8700 desk top. When ever I try to run or open any of these programs and a few others, I get a blank screen. Does anyone know of a program that I can download to a disk that will check and clean my system. Or any other soluction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all!!

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP
Hi tabhab1,

The infected wininet.dll is part of another major problem.

I suggest you follow the instructions here:

Post a hijackthis log in the Malware Removal forum.