Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop

• Please log in to reply

For2kRunr

For2kRunr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
While using her Dell Inspiron 2200 laptop, my wife did a normal shutdown. However, when she attemped to power-up again, she pushed the power button, had a green light appear but the screen never came up. She attempted to start the computer a few more times without any luck. (not sure if she ever got it to power off before attempting to power up). Eventually, it did power up correctly and she could continue working.

My suggestion, if it happens again, was to hold the power button for 10 seconds to make sure it powered down, wait another 10 - 15 seconds then attempt to power back up.

Am I on the right track and have other laptops had similar issues.

Martin :tazz:

Advertisements

davepig

davepig

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi Martin.

Was the laptop plugged into the mains at the time?

The only reason i ask is that i sometimes have this problem, and it only ever occurs when it is plugged in.

To deal with it, i just unplug the lead from the side of the laptop and plug it straight back in. Power button then works every time.

Hope this helps.

Dave

For2kRunr

For2kRunr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Dave,

I believe she did have the power cord plugged in. Then she said tried without the power cord, still didn't work. I guess when she plugged the cord back in it must have reset something.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll relay it to my wife.

Martin