Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cd rom

• Please log in to reply

Lady_redd

Lady_redd

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my cd rom is not working right..when I put a cd in drive it turns for a short time then I get a message that says E drive is not accessable..what would you reccomend I do.. the pc has been sitting for awhile..

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome Lady_redd <_<

If it's only an occasional CD that has trouble, you've got a bad disc. If your drive has trouble reading every CD then you've probably get a dead drive that'll need to be replaced. First check that all the cables are connected tightly.

Here's a troubleshooting guide from Microsoft that outlines all the possible issues:
How to Troubleshoot CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Read Issues: http://support.micro...om/?kbid=218617