Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do you make a file open when windows opens up?

• Please log in to reply

lee johnson

lee johnson

• Pip
  • 3 posts
how do you make a file open when windows opens up like when you start up windows msn messager will start up and anit-virus's etc...

help plz :) :tazz:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
create a shortcut to the file and put it in your 'startup' folder (Start - All Programs - Startup). To open the startup folder, right-click it's entry in 'All programs' and select 'Open'. Right-click in this folder, select 'New' then 'Shortcut'. use the 'browse' button to find the document or type it in manually (the full path as well as the filename), then click 'Next'.
Windows will create the shortcut for it inside this folder.

Zarkahn

Zarkahn

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
You could also select it manually w/ msn or WM. Load it up, select options, preferences tab and the select: "Run windows mesenger when system starts up".

There is probably a similer option in your anti-virus program.

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
The anti-virus should start up automatically when windows starts up, if not you should enable auto protect otherwise your vulnerable

lee johnson

lee johnson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
oh no i mean ive got i file that i want to open when windows opens but i dno how if you can do it anyway...

lee johnson

lee johnson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
oh dont matter what pip22 sed has worked but thanks to all ofyouthat helped :tazz: