Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zone Lab

• Please log in to reply

simon73

simon73

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello, just a quick question.
I am using a Belkin wireless connection between two computers in the same house and each time my computer starts up sometimes its connects and other times it drops the connection on my side.

I have looked at Belkin troubleshooting guild and search this forum for information about this problem. I am connecting to the internet via the main family computer.

Can this be due to zone alarm? Both computers have this on. Or is it just one of those things that I will have to get use to?

thanks

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
It is most likely due to zone alarm. It has to be set up correctly on both computers to allow connection between them. Sometimes even if they are set up right, they will still have problems.

Let's experiment to make sure it is zone alarm that is causing this, shut it down on both computers just for a little while. To do this, right-click on the zone alarm icon in the system tray (next to the time) and click "exit" or "close" or whatever the case may be.

There are many other firewalls which are very similar, but may allow your connection. Let me know how the experiment goes.