Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

***HELP***TRIBES 2....***HELP***

• Please log in to reply

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hi everyone, its been i while since i posted on this forum, but now im back....with a problem.... :ph34r:

I just got tribes 2. I installed it. I went to the Online shortcut, it starts and the sierra update starts...then it says: Downloading Updates from servers. After awhile a message comes up: Your version is out of date but there is no update available. (this sierraupdate comes on every time i boot the game)...

The first time i started the game i downloaded the 99mb patch which updated it to v250. Online i found patches up to v248....so i really don't know. When i press continue it just searches for servers for the update and when i press cancel on the sierraupdate it just quits and nothing happens....the game launcher i think doesn't work....please guys....HELP ME!!!!! :tazz: :) :) :)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
well you could look here:
http://www.planettri.../recfiles.shtml

I would redownload this patch. its only 87megs or so in size: http://www.sierra.co...mePlatformId=68

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Thank you very much. Fortunately when i go to start -> Dynamix -> Tribes 2 there is a "Classic" option where it goes to the classic version of tribes (don't really know what that means :) ) and on that there is no sierraupdate and everything works.... Thanks anyway guys!!!

:tazz: