Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp home install process help me plz

• Please log in to reply

tinycjbeas

tinycjbeas

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just got my new 3000+AMD64 pc with a SATA HDD 80 gig, i put in my new xp home edition cd and started the bootup process. It went through the setup and what not then it came to the partitioning but it wa already done and says it has an OS already installed. Gives me the option to delete the partition, continue with install or delete partition, but says i may have problems with 2 OS installed, it seems to just repeat itself, i'm kinda lost at this point at what to do to get it to fully install xp home, any ideas be apreciated... ty
PD i will get more info on my problem shortly...

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If it already has an OS, it should boot. Tell us what's on there. If it doesn't do anything, use the new cd to boot, delete the partitions and choose the long format, and install your new XP Home. If you wipe out any drivers that were preinstalled, you can use XP's generic ones to get on the Internet and download them.
Johanna
(quite a jump from 98 to a 64 bit AMD, huh? You are gonna love this ride!
:tazz: